Medisoft Upgrade, What’s New in Medisoft 20
Patient Intake Form
ICD-10 — CMS-1500 Claim Form Update
The U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) announced recently that Medicare will begin accepting a revised CMS-1500 claim form (version 02/12) on January 6, 2014, which you get with your Medisoft upgrade.
Embedded in this is a requirement for some healthcare IT vendors to start supporting a component of the International Classification of Diseases version 10 (ICD-10) earlier than the anticipated October 1, 2015 date, this is one of the top reason for Medisoft upgrade. The new paper form will allow Medisoft version 19 (v19) or (v20)to print up to 12 ICD-10 codes per claim.
Beginning on April 1, 2014, Medicare will only be accepting the updated version of the form. This revised form will give HIPAA-covered healthcare providers the ability to specify whether they are using the ICD-9 or ICD-10 diagnosis codes, which is important as the October 1, 2015, transition approaches. Effectively, any healthcare IT system that submits or reports on claims data that was scheduled to be ICD-10 compliant by October 1, 2015 must actually comply with a component of the ICD-10 requirements related to claims data as early as April 1, 2014.
Medisoft Upgrade Version 20 New Features:
- ICD-10 ready, which will accommodate the new code set
- Optional add-on Encoder Pro integrated with Medisoft to lookup and convert ICD-9 to ICD-10
- Optional integration with EMR (electronics medical records) where you get to use code wizard to convert ICD-9 to ICD-10
- New CMS 1500 (version 02/12)
- Capability to link payers/insurance companies with desired codes (if they need to send ICD-9 or ICD-10)
- Medisoft Network Pro has the capability to add a free app to integrate a SuperBill for your Apple mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPad Mini. Such a feature can make the use of the ICD-10 codes much easier for your practice
- Optum Edge—Powerful Optum CodeLogic™ search engine. Time-wasting searches through multiple code books are a thing of the past. Simultaneously search across CPT®, HCPCS, and ICD-9 and ICD-10 code sets using up to four common or clinical terms, acronyms, abbreviations, and even misspelled words
- Color code edits. Reduce research time and improve coding accuracy with at-a-glance knowledge of sex or age edits, Medicare coverage, and bundled procedures
- Notepad. Preview a completed CMS-1500 form before submission and export your codes to Windows programs
Contact our consultants to get more information about Medisoft Upgrade. Call 800-955-0321 or click here